An iPad Tablet eye tracking video explains eye tracking research regarding how iPad Tablet PC users focus on a website leaderboard ad over 22% longer than do desktop PC viewers, even though leaderboard ads are recognized over twice as fast on a PC than an iPad Tablet PC. Eye tracking reveals display ad effectiveness on tablets explains the Tablet computer vs. PC research findings from eye tracking conducted by Tobii in association with digital marketing company Mediative. Tobii used the Tobii X60 Eye Tracker and Tobii Mobile Device Stand to conduct this Tablet PC versus desktop PC eye tracking research study. A leaderboard is a banner ad located at the top of a web page – usually the entire width of a page – that may either have rotating images or a static one. A Tobii eye tracking research blog article contains more details and a video about Tobii’s eye tracking research technology and services. Tablet online ads will become more important as Tablet ownership in Canada and Tablet PC uses increase. Tablet ownership estimates indicate the number of Anglophone and Francophone Tablet owners in Canada will approach 2,105,030 by 2031. Tablet PC online videos promote various Tablet PC brands in a post about Tablet online video watching estimates for select Canadian cities.
Industry vertical Tablet PC market research suggests there will be more Canadian Tablet PC owners who may be targeted with online ads and digital magazines about golf, wine, snowboarding, and other activities. The growth in Tablet PC online video watching will make Tobii’s leaderboard eye tracking research more valuable for Internet advertisers charged with deciding where to invest online advertising dollars. A Display Advertising Eye Tracking Study video summarizes the findings from the Tobii iPad Tablet and PC eye tracking leaderboard research study that will have implications for Tablet PC web analytics professionals. A second video, Eye Tracking Informs Display Ad Effectiveness – Case Study of Tablets vs. Desktop.avi, provides details regarding the study’s technology and methodology.
iPad Tablet vs. PC Leaderboard Ad Research
- leaderboard ads are most effective reaching both PC and iPad Tablet users
- iPad Tablet and PC users see leaderboard ads the quickest versus other online ads
- iPad Tablet PC consumers fixate on leaderboard ads 44% longer than the next best performing ad
- leaderboard ads on the PC are seen over twice as fast as on the iPad Tablet computer
- eaderboards held iPad Tablet PC users’ attention 22.5% longer than on a PC
- skyscraper ads on an iPad Tablet are not nearly as effective as on a PC (13% vs 31% viewed)
- big box ads on a PC garnered a longer fixation vs. on an iPad (26% vs 15%)
iPad Tablet vs. PC Leaderboard Ad Conclusions
- the top part of the web page remains the most visible real estate on PC and iPad Tablets
- implement leaderboard ads over a skyscraper to target Tablet PC users